Monday, February 21, 2011

I'm pretty sure she is shitting on me personally for that whole interview

*I found Natalia Yanchak's Blog while researching this post and came across an interview that she really wants to share to open dialogue on. In her words she says "It is an eye-opening take on the modern-day music industry, “indie” culture and other forms of depravity." I'm not sure it's really eye-opening. What it is, is really hard to get through. The interviewer's inability to reign in the direction of the discussion makes it so hard to listen to. Or it's just that Natasha really has a hard time dialing in a point for most of the conversation. It's probably more that she says "yeah-yeah" so often that I want to rip my headphones out along with my ear drums. Really what I got out of it that was she feels that comparisons to TV on the Radio are akin to a form of racism. I had made that association to TV on the Radio before listening to this interview. When Natalia makes the statement in the interview, I really had to have an internal conversation with myself that I really didn't make the association JUST because both bands have black lead singers. I never thought to compare them to Bloc Party, who also has a black lead singer. I didn't because I don't think they really sound anything at all like Bloc Party. Am I being to insensitive thinking that Natalia is being OVERLY sensitive about these kinds of comparisons?

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites