Monday, March 9, 2009

The world is made of words. Some worlds are bigger than others.

From http://windinyourvagina.blogspot.com/:

I never dumbed it down either. I’ve always talked to Jackson & Lucy like I’m talking to graduate students. I like to imagine this had something to do with the development of Jackson’s impressive vocabulary. But I’m careful not to take too much credit for the way Jackson shines. He’s essentially a natural born shiner, and that’s not just proud Daddy talk. He would impress you. He impresses everybody. “Are you sure you’re only 10?” is a question he gets a lot. Of course this makes me very proud but it has it’s drawbacks too. Yesterday he was playing Lego Star Wars on the Wii and I, just trying to make a little conversation, asked him if the planet Kashyyyk was limited to just Wookies and he snaps “Yeah right Dad. How could there possibly be a planet inhabited by just one species? Everybody knows that ecosystems require diversity in order to thrive. Duh.” Fuck you, Jackson.

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites